11/02/2010

[4th Year] Update

Wow. Million years without updating.

4th year started.
It's busy, it's crazy, it's overwhelming. But I'm surviving... somehow.
I'm still fixing my story leica (and hoping that this is the last time) but this final leica that I'm working on will turn out to be more of an animatic.
Big story points are all there, I just need to tweak it more and more.


At the same time, I did some rough color tests for my film.
As you can see, I have a lot of stylized patterns to design and the patterns will be overlaid on top of the characters. Same thing will happen for my background as well.
Only concern is that I haven't fully tested the style yet so I don't know if it will turn out to be good.
If it doesn't... well then, I'm fucked.






Digital life drawings for mid-term portfolio.









B&W conte life drawings


5 minutes

Warming up



In between 5 to 10 minutes

I like these ones

And this one as well

Not so much for these three




10 minutes

I like these ones alot :)


15 minutes

I could have done a better job for this one but I still like it



I'm so lucky to have Geordie for life drawing. He's the teacher that I always dreamed of. He's just perfect.
I never had so much fun in life drawing. I'm enjoying it so much. 
I want to do life drawing forever and not do my 4th year film.




November 2010

9 comments:

chang said...

truth me friend. lifedrawing is a very welcome distraction

the boy-gazing beach girls are hilarious :D

Domee said...

I'll *truth* you, Chang hurhurhurIdon'tevenknowwhatthatmeans....

Lovely drawings, Eunice :) I love your round, squishy style!

Willy Ashworth said...

Just wanted to say that I think your stuff rocks!!

Inspired and inspiring to say the least!

I shall be returning here, in fact I've bookmarked it!

Willy Ashworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Willy Ashworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Willy Ashworth said...

OOPS!!! So sorry about the multiple posts....

Caroline Hung said...

Your pattern concept looks so interesting Eunice 언니!
I'm sure it will turn out well! Also, cutest, most huggable tiger ever.

Life drawings are also amazing and hilarious. I AM that girl on the beach with the binoculars...just not as hot. :)

Chris Hong said...

these are all so very inspirational...! good luck with your film I can't wait to see it ><

Kyu-bum Lee said...

Your life drawings are excellent.
Good luck on your film.

Try knocking back the contrast ratio of the patterns on the film characters to avoid distraction from the animation.